These are some of my favorite workout playlists, which are updated regularly. Brief descriptions follow.
- Unearth – Darkness in the Light (album) – straight forward, intense, and passionate melodic death metal/metalcore that is great for motivation.
- As I Lay Dying – The Powerless Rise (album) – See above, but even moreso.
- Trap Them – Darker Handcraft (album) – Pure anger wrapped up in a raw package; genre is somewhere between hardcore and powerviolence.
- Carnifex – Dead in my Arms (album) – Generic deathcore; low on originality, heavy on the testosterone and breakdowns. I actually prefer this style because something like Exoplanet by The Contortionist would be too distracting from my actual workout.
- King Conquer – America’s Most Haunted (album) – Crushingly heavy deathcore, with some of the most brutal vocals around.
- I Declare War – I Declare War (album) – Extremely heavy deathcore with excellent groove. Highly recommended if you enjoy King Conquer.
- Rotten Sound – Cycles (album) – Pissed-off grind. Really raw, fast and aggressive.